Hover over me to start the slideshow!How-the-HSPJ-Works-1
The Herbivore Society for Peace and Justice, also known as the HSPJ, is a non-hierarchical political activist group that focuses on the ecological and individual benefits of abstaining from, or reducing, one’s consumption of animal products. We work to raise awareness inside and outside of the McGill community about the mistreatment of animals, and educate about the ecological and individual benefits of abstaining from or reducing one’s consumption of animal products. We provide opportunities for vegans, vegetarians, and curious meat eaters to exchange information about practicing sustainable veganism.
As the only vegan club on McGill’s campus we commit to perpetuating as little harm as possible, working within a framework that is anti-oppressive, anti-colonial, inclusive, and intersectional.
We acknowledge that:
- differences in socio-economic backgrounds and health needs can influence one’s ability to participate in a vegan lifestyle.
- different cultures have varying relationships to animals which inform one’s engagement with veganism.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: The Herbivore Society for Peace and Justice
- Instagram: mcgill.herbivores
Sign up for our Listserv for more info and news: